Veganize Me!

Join me on my quest to veganize myself and my favorite recipes!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I'm a vegetarian/wannabe vegan barista from Iowa. I spend a great deal of time cooking and reading about food and nutrition and hope to, someday, be a vegetarian chef!

March 28, 2006

Cupcakes!

I've been helping test cupcakes for Isa and Terry. They're writing an all vegan cupcake book!
Here's what I've tested so far:

Image hosting by Photobucket
Cappuccino Cupcakes with Espresso Creme
These are coffee flavored cupcakes with just a hint of cinnamon. They are filled with a light coffee/espresso flavored creme. I also used some of the leftover filling to decorate the top. And, just to make it look pretty, I sprinkled it with powdered sugar and put a lovely chocolate covered espresso bean on top of the cream.
They were very yummy and coffee-y, so these are definitly a coffee lovers cupcake!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
I was just testing the frosting for these. Most of the recipes were cupcake and frosting all together, but this one was just the frosting. I decided to pair it up with the Isa and Terry's basic vanilla cupcake. Just to make it more fancy, I piped in some grape jelly. The frosting is a peanut buttercream. Its very light and fluffy. I decorated these cupcakes with crushed up peanuts.
I absolutely love peanut butter and this frosting is my favorite thing that I've tested so far. Everybody that I've shared my cupcakes with has said that this is their favorite too. Gotta love peanut butter frosting! They could have used more jelly though. It was my first time filling cupcakes, so I was just guessing at what I was doing. Couldn't see how much was in there until I cut it open.

Image hosting by Photobucket
Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
These are chocolate cupcakes with a bit of mintyness to them. They are first iced with a mint frosting. The cupcakes just have a bit of mint, but the frosting is very minty. Its where the cupcakes get all their yummyness. It is then topped with a chocolate ganache to balance out the mintyness.
Some of my testers thought these were too minty, but I thought they were just right!

4 Comments:

Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing. I'm in love with all of them.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

To die for! Too bad I didn't live near by! LOL

Happy Midweek Munchies, btw!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Dori said...

WOW! Those are some beautiful cupcakes. A coffee bean on chocolate, that is just way gourmet.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Too bad shipping is so uber expensive or I would totally send you guys some. Darn shipping costs!
You should see Isa and Terry's cupcakes. They are sooo beautiful. Them girls are way more talented than I am with a pastry bag!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home