Veganize Me!

Join me on my quest to veganize myself and my favorite recipes!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I'm a vegetarian/wannabe vegan barista from Iowa. I spend a great deal of time cooking and reading about food and nutrition and hope to, someday, be a vegetarian chef!

March 31, 2006

My "I'm Sick" Lunch


I was sick the other day, so this is what I made for myself to help me feel better. I had miso soup, an orange, toast, and green tea.

Miso Soup (adapted from La Dolce Vegan)
2 c. water
2 t. vegetable broth powder
1 clove garlic, peeled
2 T. miso
1/4 c. tofu, cubed
1 small carrot, grated
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
1 button mushroom, diced
2 T. frozen spinach

In a small sauce pan on high heat, bring the water and vegetable broth powder to a boil. Reduce the heat and add the garlic; simmer for 8 minutes. Then fish out the ginger and turn the heat off. In a small bowl mix the miso with 3 T. of the stock. Stir until miso is smooth. Add the miso, tofu, and veggies to the stock. Cover and let it sit for 5 minutes. Serves 1.

Don't boil your miso-that destroys the health benefits.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dori said...

Hope you get to feelin better! Brooklyn is a teeny town ( 1500 people). I was in Des Moines for an ISU class field trip to the central campus tech school on friday. This semester I am taking mostly online classes, but for the interim and summer I'll be making the commute to Ames.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Harmonia said...

There's a new Midweek Munchies Code up on my blog now - check it out!

I need more Miso Ideas!!! Thanks for this!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

You are welcome harmonia.

I will post my Midweek Munchies tomorrow!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home