Veganize Me!

Join me on my quest to veganize myself and my favorite recipes!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I'm a vegetarian/wannabe vegan barista from Iowa. I spend a great deal of time cooking and reading about food and nutrition and hope to, someday, be a vegetarian chef!

April 28, 2006

Barley and Toasted Pecan Salad



This is the second dish I made to use up some of my barley. I cooked the barley in vegetable broth and tossed it with sauteed carrots and broccoli. I let it cool then topped it with toasted pecans and rice wine vinegar. This was very good! I am looking forward to trying out more grain based salads this summer.

2 Comments:

Blogger creative kismet said...

Wow! This looks delicious!!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger t. said...

It looks sooo good! And the idea of a pecan salad is just great!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home