Veganize Me!

Join me on my quest to veganize myself and my favorite recipes!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I'm a vegetarian/wannabe vegan barista from Iowa. I spend a great deal of time cooking and reading about food and nutrition and hope to, someday, be a vegetarian chef!

April 23, 2006

Garlic Stuffed Tofu and Maple-Mustard Potatoes and Beans



I got the idea for the tofu from tofu666 at The Post Punk Kitchen Forums. I marinated my tofu in soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and some Italian spices overnight. I pan fried the tofu then cut a small slit in it and filled it up with roasted garlic paste. I then baked it for 15 minutes.

The Maple-Mustard Potato and Beans recipe is from Vegan with a Vengeance. It is my new favorite recipe in this book. Try it-you'll like it!

4 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

The tofu sounds very good, especially stuffing it and then baking- yum. I will have to check out the potato recipe in VwaV...

8:22 PM  
Blogger Freedom said...

That tofu sounds absolutely delish! How did it turn out? By the way, what's garlic paste? Is it just minced up garlic?

2:28 AM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I must try this tofu! All the rage, eh? ; )

12:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

It was a roasted garlic paste. Roast garlic, mash, stuff in tofu; repeat.

Yep, yep. . .all the rage. Everybody over at PPK is trying it!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home