Veganize Me!

Join me on my quest to veganize myself and my favorite recipes!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I'm a vegetarian/wannabe vegan barista from Iowa. I spend a great deal of time cooking and reading about food and nutrition and hope to, someday, be a vegetarian chef!

April 18, 2006

Harvest Ratatoullie over Whole Wheat Penne



I made this veggie-ful pasta as part of a challenge at the PPK Forums. I love how beautiful all the colors look together, and it doesn't taste half bad either!

Harvest Ratatoullie

1 c. cubed eggplant
1/4 t. salt
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 medium zucchini, quartered then sliced
1/2 medium squash, quartered then sliced
1 T. minced fresh parsley
1 t. minced fresh oregano
1 t. minced fresh basil
1/8 t. fresh ground black pepper
Hot cooked pasta
1 medium tomato, chopped

Place eggplant in a colander and toss with salt. Set in sink and let weep for 30 minutes.
Heat a large skillet. Add the oil then stir fry the garlic, onion, and green pepper for 3 minutes. Add eggplant, zucchini, and squash and stir fry 6 more minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir in the parsley, oregano, basil and pepper.
Serve over pasta and topped with tomato.

And for desert I had this yummy sundae.

It was Butter Pecan Soy Dream, hot fudge sauce, and chopped pecans. Sooo good!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dori said...

Looks good, esp that ice cream... makes me even more hungry than I was before I began checking on a few food blogs to get ideas about what I'm going to cook next week.

That lentils and barley below is a creative dish!

10:40 AM  
Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

excellent meal planning, and how creative ; ) I will enter one day..hopefully.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home