Veganize Me!

Join me on my quest to veganize myself and my favorite recipes!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I'm a vegetarian/wannabe vegan barista from Iowa. I spend a great deal of time cooking and reading about food and nutrition and hope to, someday, be a vegetarian chef!

April 10, 2006

Thai Meal


Spicy Peanut Noodles, Thai Cucumber Salad, and Thai Iced Tea

My peanut sauce is made with peanut butter (duh), soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. I used a bag of mixed frozen veggies, for cheapness mostly, but it did also make things a bit easier. My mix had carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and bell peppers. I also added onions and some tofu that I marinated in soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. This turned out pretty good, but next time I thing I'll add some more spice to it!

The cucumber salad is this recipe. It was good, but nothing too special. I will continue my quest to find a good thai side dish. Thai-ish spring rolls would be good, but I figure I've got noodles, do I really need more carbs? I may just have to go for it next time though.

The iced tea is from How It All Vegan. I just followed the Quick Thai Tea for Two recipe (halved it though) and added ice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

mmm, i love thai food!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home