Veganize Me!

Join me on my quest to veganize myself and my favorite recipes!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

I'm a vegetarian/wannabe vegan barista from Iowa. I spend a great deal of time cooking and reading about food and nutrition and hope to, someday, be a vegetarian chef!

May 03, 2006

Jicama

I know I promised I'd post about thie jicama but, unfortuantly, the picture is really blurry and look awful. SO I will just tell ya what I did.
I made a "Crunch Salad" The idea is from The Passionate Vegetarian. I love this cookbook. It is HUGE and has soooo many recipes in it. And many of the non vegan recipes have vegan variations with them which is great. Everything I have tried from this book has turned out awesome.
My Crunch Salad had shredded cabbage, carrots, jicama and a sweet red wine vinegar red dressing. It was an interesting twist on coleslaw, I guess.

3 Comments:

Blogger primaryconsumer said...

Hi! I'm going to be updating my blogroll soon, and I will be adding you to it, just so you know. By the way, I love The Passionate Vegetarian too!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ok, cool. Thanks!
I totally have to update my blog roll too. Next time I have a day off, perhaps.

12:38 PM  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Jicama rules!!!!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home